Innovation. Openness. Professionalism.
Integrated and sustainable mine infrastructure design
Mining Consultancy Services
South Africa remains one of the largest producers of mineral resources in the world and the mining industry is intrinsically linked to the national economy. It has now become critically important to ensure mines are developed and operated in a sustainable manner – environmentally, socially, and financially.
We have undertaken mining projects for junior miners and mining giants alike, both in South Africa and throughout Africa. We have worked with multiple commodities – from coal, manganese and iron ore to tin, platinum, gold, and bauxite. Our key personnel are well versed in the most current mining technologies as well as the sensitivities around mining developments. We always strive to optimise time and costs to improve the viability of any project.
Mining Services include but are not limited to:
- TAILINGS STORAGE FACILITIES (TSF) – TSF and associated infrastructure design to SABS 0286 (Code of Practice – Mine Residue) and Global Industry Standards on Tailings Management.
- MINE DESIGN – Opencast and Underground designs; Life of Mine plans; Mine schedules.
- GEOTECHNICAL INVESTIGATION – Foundation design; Soils investigation; Retaining structures; Soil stability.
- GEOMETRIC DESIGN – Access roads; Haul roads; Platforms.
- PAVEMENT DESIGN – Access roads; Haul roads.
- BULK WATER SERVICES – Bulk pipelines; Pump stations; Reservoirs; Dams; River diversions.
- WATER & WASTEWATER – Reticulation; Purification facilities; Water balance; Stormwater management plans.
- BULK FUEL – Storage; Piping.
- BULK MATERIAL HANDLING – Conveyors; Bulk slurry pipelines; Crushers; Screens, etc.
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING – ROM tips; Process plant structures; Workshops; Service bays; Headgear structures.
- CAPEX & OPEX – Financial Models; Cost Estimates.
- OWNERS TEAM REPRESENTATION – Engineering Lead.